In 2015, I had local bride of Port Aransas. She came to me and asked for the beach weddings of beach weddings. She was a eclectic bride with a love for the beach and coast. After numerous meetings to get a direction to take her wedding to. I asked all kinds of questions to feel her out on what she likes, what he likes to gather ideas. She mentioned she was reading a Ernest Hemingway book "the old man and the sea" and BOOM a Hemingway wedding developed off of a simple book title. So when you are planning a wedding you think about the food, the drink, and of course the wedding and reception.
I told her to give me a few days or so to chew on the idea i just came up with... After a few days i called her to meet with her again and laid out my proposed idea of "A Hemingway Interpretation" i started the thought process around the food. Since to me the most important part about the reception is the food. Ernest traveled the world to places like Portugal, Italy, Spain, Cuba and Miami. So I created a menu to start my direction.
So with speaking around food, I came up with,
- for His travels to Spain / Portugal the feature dish was Classic Paella
- for His love of Cuba and Good Drinks we created a Classic Hemingway Daiquiri
- for His late nights in Cuba after a night on the town I created a Classic Medianoche a Pulled Pork Pressed sandwich cooked on location
- for His life Key West I created a Shucked Oyster and Gulf Shrimp Station
- also for the Key West we did a Refreshing Ceviche Shooter of Shrimp and Red fish
- For His Italian travels we did a coastal twist on the cannoli, Our New Signature item the Key Lime Cannoli
- and for His love of Cheeses we did a rustic Cheese Display of Imported Cheeses and Charcuterie
- For a personal touch on the wedding cake, we did a Pittsburgh cookie table. Mostly a northern idea of everyone making cookies and bringing to wedding as a gift (we made cookies according to the family recipes)